During the most recent episode of our podcast, I talked about the grace to see particular creations within the big picture opportunities we sense. In other words:
God will help you see the details that correspond with the potential destiny you can achieve.
Using modern terms, I’d tell you that God can help you see in high-definition clarity. He’ll clear up the pixelated realities we discern from an aerial view with pinpoint accurate steps to get there. And all it requires is a second encounter.
Notice the details contained with the account of Lord Jesus encountering a man who was blind.
They came to Bethsaida, where some people brought a blind man to Jesus and begged him to touch him. Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. After spitting on the man’s eyes, Jesus placed his hands on him and asked him, “Can you see anything?”
The man looked up and said, “Yes, I can see people, but they look like trees walking around.”
Jesus again placed his hands on the man’s eyes. This time the man looked intently, his eyesight returned, and he saw everything clearly (Mark 8:22-25 GNT).
Now, let’s unpack this passage and extract wisdom to help guide you into seeing in high-definition.
- Chaos: The first thing noted about the man was his blindness. This is like chaos in our lives, or those circumstances that make it hard for us to see what God does. Thankfully, however, he was surrounded by people who recognized the obstacle and refused to let him remain there. May you also discover destiny helpers who will push you until you overcome every obstacle that hinders your ability to see as God desires.
- Correction: Lord Jesus intervened once, and the results were miraculous! He could see! But notice that the people looked like trees. He could see differently, but not in detail. He saw the big picture, but he still lacked the ability to see the particulars.
- Clarity: Lord Jesus touched him one more time, and this time, he saw clearly. He saw people and could specify what color clothing they had on. This is what’s available to you now! Just like this man, you can have another encounter with God and receive the grace to see in high-definition.
Now that we have the pattern, here are your instructions.
- Chaos: What chaos have you experienced that impedes your ability to see as God wants you to? Who are your destiny helpers that encourage you to overcome?
- Correction: What have you heard from God, through prayer, revelation, or reading the Word, to amend how you have viewed the chaos?
- Clarity: Pray and ask for the grace to see the specific strategies you can employ to arrive at clarity in the corrected view God has given you for the chaos.
I’m excited for your journey henceforth. If you need guidance to continue your process of intentional growth, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to partner with the Holy Spirit and help you shift to seeing in high-definition.